Tuesday, April 22, 2008

you saved me





I hide my tears, for they're not warranted.
It's my good deed to you, go on and forward it.
And while you only seem to exist to me.
It's my fault that you never got to be.

I wonder where you are, what you do, who you see,
and if you could ever be proud of me.
Blaming myself hasn't gotton me far.
And, you still live in the corners of my heart.

Sometimes I sleep, then wake, then wait.
Is it true? Will you be here today?
And then I stop, and tell myself, whispering
"Don't worry, you were only dreaming"

They think they know, but they don't.
She thinks I'll tell her, but I won't.
They just won't get it, they don't understand
that this sadness was never part of the plan.

Don't think I've forgotton you, I'd never!
And I know I'll remember you forever.
I have to move on, but I'll remember what you gave me.
I'd forgotton why I'm here, and then you came and saved me.




I know I'm no good at poetry, but it's my therapy :)

Love,
Haley

No comments: