Monday, May 25, 2009

Statistics, Mouth Surgery, and May Monsoons

I talked to my mom earlier, and she mentioned that I had not written in quite a while. She was right! Honestly, I've been so busy with this summer Statistics course that I haven't had much to write about. My life hasn't exactly been interesting lately. Sometimes, though, I'd rather have a few boring weeks. It's nice to have a break from the madness that my life usually contains. :)

Statistics, as most of you know, is a math course. I really, really, REALLY do not enjoy math. I've always hated math. Surprisingly, I've done pretty well so far. I've studied hard. I've done my homework. The class is three hours long every single day, so it is not always easy to pay attention, but it is possible. And, I needed to learn that I CAN do math if I really try. This is a big hurdle for me.... and I'm jumping it. I'm jumping it big time.

Dr. K did a dental surgery for me last week. He had to cut my gum, lift it up, and smooth down a bone that had been causing me discomfort. I did not have any visible swelling on my face, but my gum has been extremely uncomfortable and quite puffy. I am not on pain medication anymore, but I'm making it just fine. :)

I'm starting to wonder if I need to build an ark or something. It has seriously rained EVERY SINGLE DAY IN MAY. Are we serious?? I'm tired of wearing my hair curly... but there is no flat iron in the world that can keep my hair straight and frizz-free in this kind of weather. Please... let's have some sunshine soon! I want to have beautiful hair again. Thanks. ;)

I hope all of you are doing well. I really miss seeing everyone. My friends are all in summer classes, planning weddings, starting internships, or getting ready to move away to grad school. It's so exciting, but it's sad, too. I'd love to go back in time for just a little while. Even with that being said, I'm also very proud of my friends. I'm so, SO proud of them. I told everyone from the start: OUR GENERATION IS HERE TO DO GREAT THINGS! Just wait... you'll see!

xoxo
HLT

No comments: