Monday, April 12, 2010

the REAL prize egg

Luke, Daddy, Momma, and me :)

(I'll post the picture of me and Russ whenever my mom sends it to me!)

Just as last Easter was our first without Brother Larry, this Easter holiday was the first without Grandmother and Uncle Randall. Because of this, I found that I now see this holiday differently than in past year. I am so thankful that Jesus died for our sins, giving each and every one of us the gift of forgiveness. Because of this, I will get to see my loved ones again one day in Heaven. There, they are safe from pain and harm. And, they are truly happy, which is exactly what I want for each of them. This Easter, I felt closer to them than I have in a long time, almost as if I could reach out my hand and touch the tips of their fingers. Some days, I miss them so badly that it is hard to make it through the day....but, I do. Jesus rose from the dead on Easter, leaving behind an empty tomb. That will forever be seen as a miraculous thing. So, this Easter, I allowed myself to believe in miracles, because they do happen. They happen every single day. 

No comments: