Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why I should pay more attention in class.

I found this in my notebook, I wrote it during class. So, it needs some work, obviously. =]



I know that you don't understand
why I am the way I am.
I stand as strong as I can
and I wish you were there to hold my hand.

Should I be alone and play it safe
Or, will tomorrow be a better day?
Shall I hold my breath and take the dive?
It's a wonder that I'm still alive.

I know the words they all wish to say,
and how they wonder why I don't just run away.
Follow my heart, or what's in my mind?
Turn my head and close the blinds?

You've given me a reason, as well as a story.
I'll write it all down and take all the glory.
Ignore those who are bitter, they're quick to judge.
They've chosen their sides, not willing to budge.

If you were to feel the way I feel
you'd bottle it up, and swallow the pill.
You'd take it daily, sit back and relax.
It's the fact of the matter, as a matter of fact.

2 comments:

Dr. Frank Buck said...

Cute poem! What I'm really interested in is what grade you made in this class. (Just kidding.)

Pattie Thomas said...

I,too want to know what grade you got in this class...........mom