Sunday, July 6, 2008

sad attempt

Please don't make me remember
all of the words that you said
during the violence and the fever
that could have left us dead.

Don't get your voice around me
even for the smallest amount of time.
My eyes simply can't bear to see
the one I lost and never want to find.

I'm not looking over my shoulder
in worry and constant fear.
I filed your memory away in a folder
that I no longer hold very dear.

So what if I never care again?
What if I forget you were ever here?
What if this is only meant to offend?
Things are always worse than they appear.

Call this a sad attempt at payback
for time spent as an outlet for your anger.
I'm stronger without you, that's a fact!
And I don't feel like my heart is in danger.

He gives me faith in humanity
and a reason to love what is inside.
Never knew dreams could become reality,
and I know I'm down for the ride.

So enjoy your life of twists and turns,
and know that I've forgotten you.
I forgot the bruises, insults, burns,
and all of the tears that I shed, too.

1 comment:

Dr. Frank Buck said...

I must say the new look of your blog took me by surprise! I thought for a second I was at the wrong blog. Pretty cool though.

Just read a pretty good e-mail that came rolling off my RSS feed and happened to think of you.
http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/07/5-key-steps-to-acing-your-first-job.html

No, it had nothing to do with the name of the blog. Actually, the link that had the name of the blog was at the bottom of the message, so I didn't see that until last.

Seems like only yesterday I was teasing you about whether or not you had been practicing the French horn, and now you are a stones-throw from being a college graduate!