Monday, March 30, 2009

Rainy Sunday

"Rain, Rain, go away. Come again another day. All the world is waiting for the sun."

Today has just been a sad day for me. Rainy days are always harder for me. Today, rain fell from a dark, gloomy sky. I looked out of the window while I did laundry, and what I saw reminded me of a certain rainy Sunday of the past. Yes, rainy days are harder, but rainy Sundays are the most difficult.

On days like this, I stay quiet. I find something to clean, laundry to fold, or dishes to wash. I enjoy the silence. I appreciate the solitude. I do some of my best thinking on rainy Sundays. Today, I worried. I hate hearing that he's in pain. I hate wondering if he's scared. I've never seen fear in his eyes before. I'd like to keep it that way. He's always reminded me of the scarecrow on Wizard of Oz, because he was wise without ever knowing it. If I was ever lost or scared, and then saw his face, I'd immediately be at ease. He can fix any problem. He always stays calm. He has to win this battle.

Please, don't let me be wrong.



1 comment:

Pattie Thomas said...

With God all things are possible. Keep the faith. I love you twirl!