Sunday, April 12, 2009

fairest of ten thousand to my soul...

It did not rain today. I did not cry. We had a beautiful Easter service, and the church was packed full. It was so good to hear everyone laugh again. We honored Brother Larry's memory by decorating the church with beautiful lilies. He loved the song "Lily of the Valley." Miss Ann looked beautiful, as always. It was wonderful to see her smiling! Samantha sang in the choir today, and I know that Brother Larry would have been so proud of her. I was in Miss Ann's class when Samantha was born, and now she's as tall as I am. She's very beautiful, and she looks so much like Neva did when she was younger. Of course, Josh was precious, as he always is. He was wearing the cutest little suit! They're such a strong family, and they love our church just as much as Brother Larry always did. They mean so much to all of us.

Yes, this Easter was much different than any other I've ever had, but I'm okay. Things change, and all that we can do is just roll with it. Everything is going to be okay. No matter what happens, we will all see each other again. I really do believe that. It's going to be quite the celebration! :)

"He will never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here,
While I live by faith and do His blessed will;
A wall of fire about me, I’ve nothing now to fear,
From His manna He my hungry soul shall fill.
Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessed face,
Where rivers of delight shall ever roll...."

Happy Easter to all of you!

No comments: