Thursday, January 17, 2008

4:41 AM

I found this... I wrote it early in the morning at a time when I was very hurt and very angry. I'm not a generally bitter person, and this is all in the past. I just liked it, I liked the overall tone of it, as well as the message. I was upset, hurt, and in despair. I just wanted to give my feelings out there. Here it is.

4:41 AM
You're everywhere I go.
Walking fast, walking slow.
Eyes still damp from the night before.
Just when it hurts less, it then hurts more.
Tearing away the photographs
All reminders of the past
Just like lightening, in a flash
It hits the wall. It makes a crash.
Breathing in, breathing out
As soon as I'm with you, I'm then without.
Shake my hand and wipe my tears
It's always blurry, never clear.
He stands in the way of the memories
I know he doesn't care, I know he doesn't see.
He can't hurt me because you've done it all
It doesn't matter if they push me until I fall.
Because of you I stand on my own
Because of you I know I've grown.
Because of you I can't feel pain.
Because of you I hear the rain.
Not needing you doesn't make me empty
It makes me feel a bit more pretty.
I pretend to him and act like I care.
He doesn't know my heart is barely even there.
I know he won't make me cry.
He really doesn't care, it's do or die.
Meaningless moments fly away
Same old nothing every day.
I don't seem to mind if I hurt anyone's feelings
Why should I care if it's a friendship I'm killing?
You turned me into someone so very cold.
For us to be so young, it's all very old.
I really don't care if your life is fine.
I would rather be alone than for you to be mine.
I've completely washed my hands of you.
I'm not lying like you would, it's all very true.
Keep telling your stories, I'm not impressed.
I talk about you behind your back, like all the rest.
I'm living my life just how I want.
If you wanted to come back, I'd tell you, "don't"

No comments: