Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My New Year's Resolution

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

If I was trash to you in the year before, perhaps I'll be treasured by someone else this year.

If I forgot to tell you how much I love you, I want you to know that I always have.

If I neglected you as a friend, I promise to put more effort into it.

If I said things that I should not have said, I vow to think just a little bit longer before I speak.

If I gave you a chance when you didn't deserve it, I swear to never do it again.

If I regretted being around you, I will stay further away.

If there are things you wish to say to me, I promise to listen.

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, because I never keep them. However, this year, I vow to take more time to myself, resulting in a person who feels better about herself. If I was only a great friend 95% of the time, I'm pushing for 100%. I will not let someone take advantage of me and/or my feelings. I will NOT let someone back into my life that did not deserve to be there in the first place. If you didn't give a damn about me in 2007, I'm leaving you behind. It's time to grow up. It's time to move forward, and not in the baby-steps fashion that I'm in the habit of. It's time. It's time to really let go.

Here's to the new year....


Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy 2008!

1 comment:

Pattie Thomas said...

Happy New Year, Twirl!