Monday, July 12, 2010

"Medicated Drama Queen"

Out of all the "celebrities" in the world, the one that I find most disgusting is Tila Tequila. This young woman gained fame by exposing her body to underage individuals over the internet. Later, she had a reality dating show on MTV, where she claimed to be bisexual. Since this time, Ms. Tequila has launched and made profit from a blog of her own, often bashing homosexuals and those of other races. She has faked suicide attempts in order to get attention. She has begged for prayers concerning her many pregnancies, which all turned out to be completely false. She is, for lack of better words, complete and utter trash.

Dear Tila Tequila,

As an aspiring writer, I find it sickening that someone can make a living off of a blog that has countless grammatical and spelling errors. There are so many talented, young people in this world that would take the shot you've been given and actually do something wonderful with it. And, I can guarantee you they would have enough pride in their work to at least proofread it before publishing it to the masses. That being said, I hope that your pitiful attempt at a writing career fails miserably. If your fans were old enough to have drivers licenses, I doubt they would find you so intriguing. 

Of all the things you have said and done, the one that hurts me the most is your faked suicide. Because my life has been forever changed by suicide, I do not take it lightly when one jokes about this matter. When one loses someone to suicide, his or her world is turned upside down. In the blink of an eye, everything is different, and there is not the slightest chance of anything ever returning to the way it once was. To fake such a  horrific action just to get attention is more than a sin, I think. It is pure evil. It is ugly. It is hateful. It is despicable. And, as hard as I try to see why someone like you would do something like this, I just cannot understand. There are still nights that I have to cry myself to sleep over questions I have and the answers that I will never get. So, here is the attention you were so desperately searching for. Does it feel good? Is it everything you ever hoped it would be? Are all of your dreams coming true? For your sake, I hope so. Otherwise, you got ripped off by the person to whom you sold your soul.

You repeatedly address all that share my opinion as "haters", and in a way, I cannot argue with that. I do not feel one ounce of love for you. How dare you ask for pity for miscarriages that never even occurred? People actually lose babies every single day, Tila, and it can lead to depression too deep for anyone outside of the situation to even slightly understand. You say that we want to be you, but I know that deep inside of your heart, you know that is not true. I would love to have the opportunity that you have had with your blog and the publicity surrounding it, and I know that I would use it for promotion for all things good, news worth hearing, opinions worth writing, books worth reading, and thoughts worth sharing. I would never rely on it for shameless self-promotion.

You make me sick. Do not be so quick to write off the power of karma. I can promise you that you're not immune to it. What goes around ALWAYS comes around. It has for me, and one day, it will for you, too.

Sincerely,
Haley Lauren Thomas

1 comment: