Thursday, July 22, 2010

to the readers I never knew I had:

On a completely serious note, I really did not know that anyone other than a handful of friends and family members ever read this blog. I have never kept a hit counter on this blog, because the point of this was never to gain readers or popularity. This blog, for me, has become something very special, and everything I have written here has a significant meaning to me. I do not ever want to become someone that writes or says what she believes her audience wants to read and hear. This blog represents the person I really am, and that is exactly how I want it to remain. 

Lately, I have been getting messages from people that said that they enjoyed reading my blog, which really does mean a lot to me. So, I wanted to take the time and acknowledge how pleasantly surprised I was to find out that other people can relate to and/or appreciate what I have written. It really touched me that people took the time to encourage me to continue writing, because for the first time, I felt like a legitimate writer. And, it was the best feeling I have ever had. A couple of people thanked me for putting myself out there, but it is I should be thankful that people can see a little bit of themselves in me and my words. Thank you for coming to this site and giving me a chance. Thank you for not judging me. Thank you for giving me a little validation that this hobby could possibly become a career one day. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate each of you.

Now, I have a favor to ask. I desperately desire feedback from those that read this. I will be just as thankful for the criticism as the compliments, and either can be made completely anonymously in the comment box. This is my passion, and in order to improve, I really need to hear the opinions and advice of my readers, whoever they might be. I will not be angry or defensive, just gracious. This is my dream.... Please help me make it come true. 

Thank you for making this poor college student feel amazing for a day. It was really, REALLY nice. And, as always, thank you for reading. :)


No comments: